As a Weekend On-Call Nurse, you will provide patient care during non-office hours as prescribed by the physician in compliance with applicable nursing licensure and agency policies and procedures.
Saturday and/or Sunday – 12 hour shift – 8:00 am – 8:00 pm (PRN position); or
Saturday and/or Sunday – 24 hour shift – 8:00 am – 8:00 am (PRN position); or
Friday 5:00 pm – Monday 8:00 am (full-time position)
- Competitive salary
- Employer Match 403(b)
- Performs emergency start of care if requested.
- Performs skilled evaluation of patients as needed following telephone triage.
- Instructs patient’s family and caregivers as appropriate to overcome identified knowledge deficits, documents in notes and home charts.
- Obtains physician orders and implements interventions and changes in treatment as appropriate.
- Initiates prescribed treatment and evaluates medication effectiveness within 24 hours.
- Makes visits at the time of death of patient to pronounce death.
- Performs follow-up telephone call on next day SOC if requested by staff.
- Provides appropriate documentation for emergency start of care visit within 24 hours of admission.
- Provides appropriate documentation of skilled nursing visits, changes in patient condition, caregiver status, or family dynamics and all patient related telephone calls within 24 hours of contact.
- Receives non-office hour phone calls from patients, families and physicians.
- Provides leadership, supervision to personnel when assigned.
- Weekend on-call staff provides accurate care status report every Monday at Team Meeting.
- Responds to calls in a timely manner.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
- Two years clinical experience. Background in ICU, oncology, discharge planning, care of terminal patients or community nursing health preferred.
- Personal vehicle available for transportation during work.
- Valid driver’s license and insurance as required by the State of Texas.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English at a level which will permit the employee to accurately understand and communicate information as needed to safely and efficiently perform job duties.
- Bilingual in the Spanish language preferred.
Please only apply if you meet minimum qualifications.