The Volunteer Coordinator develops, supervises and coordinates the successful completion of all volunteer department activities and processes. This position requires excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills. Preference given to candidates with experience in the coordination of volunteers.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits Available
- Company paid life insurance with additional voluntary life insurance option
- Employer Match 403(b)
- Paid Holidays
- Generous Vacation and Sick Leave
- Plans and conducts an active ongoing program to recruit, interview, select and retain volunteers.
- Coordinates assignments for volunteers by working with Hospice staff to identify patient and family needs for volunteer services.
- Makes regular contacts with volunteers, schedules volunteer meetings and educational in-services as it relates to volunteer recruitment.
- Maintains personnel file on each volunteer as required to meet all regulatory requirements.
- Assures prompt submission of volunteer hour documentation as required by CMS.
- Prepares monthly statistics of all volunteer activities and other reports as assigned or requested.
- Monitors volunteers’ performance and completes annual volunteer evaluations.
- Ensures individual volunteers feel comfortable with assigned placements and fully understand their responsibilities.
- Schedules volunteer appreciation events.
- Attends and participates in the QAPI reporting as it relates to volunteer activities.
- Promotes agency philosophy to ensure quality of care.
- High school diploma. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in volunteer work (paid or unpaid) including administration, teaching, supervision and personnel management; preferably in the medical or hospice field.
- Community involvement experience required.
- Strong presentation and oral skills.
- Bilingual in the Spanish language strongly preferred.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License and auto liability insurance as required by the state of Texas.
Please only apply if you meet minimum qualifications.
Hospice El Paso provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, M/F/D/V; and is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.