As a Staff Nurse for the In-Patient Unit, you will provide professional nursing care as prescribed by the physician, in compliance with applicable RN licensure and agency policies and procedures, to those patients who are admitted to Hospice El Paso’s Center for Compassion Care.
6:00 am to 6:00 pm day shift
- Competitive Salary
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits Available
- Company paid life insurance with additional voluntary life insurance option
- Employer Match 403(b)
- Paid Holidays
- Generous Vacation and Sick Leave
- Performs physical, psycho-social and spiritual assessment for patients at the start of care and establishes a plan of treatment in cooperation with the remainder of IDT members.
- Performs intermittent skilled nursing evaluation on assigned patients
- Assesses and documents current pain level and outcome with every visit
- Instructs patient’s family and caregivers as appropriate to overcome identified knowledge deficits.
- Reports changes in patient’s condition to Chief Nursing Officer daily and physician as appropriate.
- Obtains physician orders and implements interventions and changes in treatment as appropriate.
- Monitors medication levels at each visit, ensuring the patient always has sufficient quantity, but adjusts levels to coordinate with patients declining status.
- Makes appropriate referrals to other disciplines, recognizing need for additional assistance.
- At the time of death pronounces as authorized by federal and state guidelines.
- Provides appropriate documentation for admission.
- Provides instruction, leadership, and direction to LVNs as needed.
- Provides instruction, leadership, and direction to CNAs as well as supervisory performance evaluation.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
- Two years clinical experience. Background in ICU, oncology, discharge planning, care of terminal patients or community nursing health preferred.
- Ability to work independently and with flexibility.
- Personal vehicle available for transportation during work.
- Valid driver’s license and insurance as required by the State of Texas.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English at a level which will permit the employee to accurately understand and communicate information as needed to safely and efficiently perform job duties.
- Bilingual in the Spanish language preferred.
Please only apply if you meet minimum qualifications.