The Payroll Manager oversees the organization’s payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. The Payroll Manager also maintains information stored within the payroll software. The Payroll Manager aides the Human Resources Department with human resource related responsibilities as directed by the Director of Human Resources.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits Available
- Company paid life insurance with additional voluntary life insurance option
- Employer Match 403(b)
- Paid Holidays
- Generous Vacation and Sick Leave
- Enters, maintains, and reviews payroll processing system to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, hourly rates, time worked, bonuses, increases, retro-active pay, benefits, paid leave and holidays, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Assists in maintaining employee personnel files to meet state, federal, Joint Commission, HHS, and Hospice requirements.
- Runs Skills reports monthly, and as needed, to check status of all licenses, certifications, and/or registrations required for professional staff, as well as competencies, driver’s license, auto insurance, etc.; notifies Director of Human Resources, Department Heads and employees of status to ensure receipt of updated information.
- Initiates, tracks and processes monthly employee evaluations to aid in the timely return of completed of packets.
- Ensures monthly information required by QAPI Coordinator is provided in a timely manner.
- Maintains employee drug screen results and I-9 files.
- Checks that monthly OIG exclusions reports do not include any Hospice staff.
- Maintains report back-up file.
- Assists with annual verification of employability status for licensed, registered, and certified patient care staff through HHS website.
- Provides staff with information about the use of employee benefits.
- Processes employee insurance enrollment and cancellations as required.
- Manages, transmits audits required ACA reporting for verification for insurance offering to employees.
- Coordinates/audits deductions and reconciles to insurance billed charges.
- Processes check requests for invoices related to healthcare benefits and other areas related to Human Resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required.
- Three to five years of related experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with payroll software.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
Please only apply if you meet minimum qualifications.
Hospice El Paso provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, M/F/D/V; and is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.