The Patient Services Coordinator (PSC) for Palliative Care will provide full outpatient appointment scheduling and other directly associated administrative support for the Palliative Care Program. The PSC will possess expert knowledge of scheduling and information systems and have an understanding of the programs and procedures related to the work of the Palliative Care Program.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits Available
- Company paid life insurance with additional voluntary life insurance option
- Employer Match 403(b)
- Paid Holidays
- Generous Vacation and Sick Leave
- Schedules initial, follow-up, and multi-disciplinary (with multiple providers) patient appointments utilizing HCHB in a manner that meets patient needs and maximizes session utilization.
- Obtains intake information from patient and referring physician’s offices.
- Submits referrals for homecare, palliative care bridge programs and hospice services.
- Monitors and analyzes HCHB visit reminders reports and places additional reminder calls to new and/or follow-up patients as required.
- Builds and maintains providers’ master clinical schedules using HCHB.
- Regularly cross-references HCHB schedules with the service’s Master Schedule to ensure accurate session coverage.
- Reconciles daily appointment status in HCHB with arrivals, no-shows and cancelations.
- Reconciles daily encounter forms with provider schedules and follows up with providers for missing forms.
- Works closely with the billing department to ensure all billings are submitted in a timely fashion.
- Completes billing reconciliation responsibilities for the purpose of assisting the Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner to maximize outpatient revenue.
- Ensures completeness of encounter forms prior to submission to HCHB.
- Assists with daily inpatient/outpatient flow of palliative care patients.
- Assembles new patient packets.
- Collaborates and works closely with the Intake Department to ensure cross referrals are handled timely and seamlessly.
- Triages and manages high volume of patient telephone calls, utilizing superb customer service skills.
- Assists with the outpatient palliative care team meetings; including but not limited to room reservations, reminder announcements, material preparation and minute taking/distribution.
- Assists in the development of an HCHB database and data entry.
- Assists in outpatient quality improvement processes where appropriate.
- Associate or Bachelors’ degree in Business or equivalent Secretarial Certificate preferred.
- Minimum of two years related experience.
- Solid computer skills including operating systems, word processing, database, electronic mail, internet, and spreadsheets.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English at a level which will permit the employee to accurately understand and communicate information as necessary to safely and efficiently perform the job duties. Bilingual English/Spanish desirable.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the flexibility to handle multiple tasks and deadline pressures.
- Effective analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
Please only apply if you meet minimum qualifications.
Hospice El Paso provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, M/F/D/V; and is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.