Medical Coder (Health Information Technician II)
As a Medical Coder or Health Information Technician II, you will assume the responsibility of assigning ICD codes to diagnoses in accordance with state, federal and local regulations.
- Competitive salary
- 100% Employee Only Company Paid Medical Available
- Dental/Vision benefits
- Company paid life insurance with additional voluntary life insurance option
- Employer Match 403(b)
- Paid Holidays
- Generous Vacation and Sick Leave
- Assigns diagnosis, sign/symptom and/or complication codes according to coding guidelines and conventions in a timely and concise manner.
- Understands and promotes compliance with hospice regulations in relation to the role of a coder to include HIPAA.
- Ensures documentation supports codes assigned and notifies staff of further documentation needs.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Medicare payment and reimbursement guidelines as impacted by codes.
- Stays current with changes in hospice coding.
- High School graduate; College preferred.
- Board Certified Home Health – Coding (BCHH-C) or Equivalent.
- Two years home health/hospice diagnosis coding experience preferred.
- Knowledge of ICD codes for home health/hospice, computer skills, attention to detail and organizational skills.
Beginning of employment
El Paso, Texas
August 29, 2018