Department Assistant HIM, Internal Job Posting
As a Department Assistant HIM, you will assist in maintaining medical records in accordance with state, federal and local regulations, policies and procedures.
- Competitive salary
- 100% Employee Only Company Paid Medical Available
- Dental/Vision benefits
- Company paid life insurance with additional voluntary life insurance option
- Employer Match 403(b)
- Paid Holidays
- Generous Vacation and Sick Leave
- Performs necessary filing to patient records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provides general clerical support as requested, including but not limited to faxing and making copies.
- Assists in the transfer of SOC to hard binders.
- Assists in the processing of DC’d patient charts and putting into discharge form.
- Processes discharges monthly and transfers charts into boxes.
- Assists in printing various reports for weekly IDT meetings. Prints/sends bi-weekly IDT patient reports to physicians.
- Assists with other duties as needed.
- High School graduate.
- Knowledge of medical terminology desirable.
- Familiar with computers, computer keyboard techniques, word processing, data base applications.
- Ability to learn to use computerized medical records application, with on-the-job training provided.
Beginning of employment
El Paso, Texas
November 20, 2018