As a Chaplain, you will operate as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team, under the auspices of the Director of Social Services, to assure the provision of spiritual support to the patients/family in keeping with their belief systems.
- Competitive Salary
- Dental/Vision benefits available
- Company paid life insurance with voluntary life insurance option
- Employer Match 403 (b)
- Paid holidays
- Performs and documents assessment of patient and family spiritual needs in a timely manner.
- Assures that patients and families are offered the spiritual support of their choice.
- Provides spiritual counseling and support to patients and families before the death and during the bereavement period to include but not limited to Bible reading, prayer, conversations and counseling with patient and/or family.
- Serves as a liaison to the patient or family's religious group by contacting clergy of a particular faith, when requested, to meet patient or family needs.
- Performs special ministration for patients and families, as requested, which may include the sacraments, performing weddings, conducting funerals or memorial services.
- Reports significant changes and newly identified problems in the patient’s and care giving system’s spiritual status to involved IDT team members to maximize overall effectiveness of care plan. Receives information from staff members on spiritual needs of patients and/or families and makes timely phone calls or personal visits when this will be helpful.
- Facilitates family contact with local clergy, churches and synagogues for support of Hospice program when requested.
- Is available for telephone calls at night and on weekends.
- Is available to make client visits at night or on weekends, if required.
- Bachelor degree in field of Ministry from recognized university required, Masters preferred.
- Three to five years experience in counseling required.
- Personal vehicle available for transportation during work.
- Valid driver’s license and insurance as required by the State of Texas.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English at a level which will permit the employee to accurately understand and communicate information as needed to safely and efficiently perform job duties.
- Bilingual in the Spanish language preferred.
Apply only if you meet minimum qualifications.