As a Case Manager, you will provide professional nursing care, as prescribed by the physician, in compliance with applicable RN licensure and agency policies and procedures, to patients who are receiving hospice care.
- Competitive salary
- 100% Employee Only Company Paid Medical Available
- Dental/Vision benefits
- Company paid life insurance with additional voluntary life insurance option
- Employer Match 403(b)
- Paid Holidays
- Generous Vacation and Sick Leave
- Performs physical, psycho-social and spiritual assessment for patients at the start of care and establishes a plan of treatment in cooperation with the remainder of IDT members.
- Performs intermittent skilled nursing evaluation on assigned patients.
- Assesses and documents current pain level and outcome with every visit.
- Instructs patient’s family and caregivers as appropriate to overcome identified knowledge deficits.
- Reports changes in patient’s condition to Team Leader daily and physician as appropriate.
- Obtains physician orders and implements interventions and changes in treatment as appropriate.
- Monitors medication levels at each visit, ensuring the patient always has sufficient quantity, but adjusts levels to coordinate with patients declining status.
- Makes appropriate referrals to other disciplines, recognizing need for additional assistance.
- Makes visits at the time of death and pronounces death as authorized by federal and state guidelines.
- Provides nursing services in Admissions and at the in-patient unit as needed.
- Provides instruction, leadership, and direction to LVNs as needed.
- Provides supervision, instruction, leadership, and direction to CNAs.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
- Two years clinical experience. Background in ICU, oncology, discharge planning, care of terminal patients or community nursing health preferred.
- Personal vehicle available for transportation during work.
- Valid driver’s license and insurance as required by the State of Texas.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English at a level which will permit the employee to accurately understand and communicate information as needed to safely and efficiently perform job duties.
- Bilingual in the Spanish language preferred.
Please only apply if you meet minimum qualifications.