Important Notice about COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
To Our Community,
As your dedicated hospice provider, we are fully committed to you and your family’s care. We certainly understand that you may have concerns about the COVID-19 outbreak, which has been declared a National Emergency.
At Hospice El Paso, we have been closely monitoring the evolving situation, following the guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and taking specific actions to protect our patients, families, caregivers, and hospice staff. The actions include the following special safety precautions:
Please, limit the number of family or caregivers in the home setting:
- We ask that all companions, including family members, wait outside the patient’s room or area, keeping a safe 6-foot distance while our hospice staff conducts a patient visit to help decrease risk of infection.
We will continue to provide hospice care to new patients:
- All new patient referrals will be pre-screened via telephone as part of the referral process and again immediately before any in-person appointment or initial assessment takes place.
- If the patient or anyone in the household answers yes to any of the pre-screen questions, we will collect the referral information and let the person(s) know we will call them back for next steps.
- New admissions will be scheduled accordingly.
All of our non-essential staff members are conducting business off-site.
- This significantly reduces the number of people in the office, and therefore the risk of infection.
As things continue to evolve during our current situation, we will adjust our policies and procedures to respond appropriately to new developments. At the same time, we intend to keep you informed about best infection-control practices and what you need to know to keep yourself and your loved ones safe.
Please be sure to follow the recommended infection-control guidelines, which come from the CDC links below: